Last updated: April 2023
We place a high priority on protecting your privacy.
This privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) applies to all personal information collected or processed in connection with (http://www.filamente.at) (the “Site”), the services offered by Filamente e.U., and in oral communications and e-mails, texts and other electronic communications between you, our Site and/or Filamente e.U. staff.
Our websites, apps, products and services are designed for businesses and their agents and individuals.
What data we collect
Information you provide
We may collect your first and last name, company name, company profile, mailing address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, billing information, shipping information, tax status and number, and/or demographic information (such as your gender and/or occupation) and other information that you enter directly through our website.
When using our Services, you may also exchange private messages (including, but not limited to, texts, verbal messages, videos, locations, contact information) with us. These messages will be stored by us in accordance with legal requirements and to improve our services.
Automatically generated information
How and for what purposes we use your personal data
We may use your personal data as follows:
- To provide our services to you;
- to facilitate communications necessary in the course of providing our services, including sharing your personal data as necessary to process your order; and
- to operate and maintain and improve our website, products, and services;
- to respond to comments and questions and to provide customer service;
- to send you information such as confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support-related and administrative messages;
- to inform you about promotions and upcoming events and also to send you other messages about the products and services that we, or our selected partners, offer;
- to link or combine user data with other personal information;
- to enable you to use the interactive elements on our website;
- to notify you of changes to our website or to the products or services we offer or provide through the website;
- to process competition entries and deliver the relevant prizes;
- to display targeted advertisements according to your interests, including the content you access and the pages you visit;
- for marketing analysis;
in other ways that will be explained to you when you provide us with the information in question; and/or
- with your permission, for other purposes.
We may also share your personal data as part of the following legal requirements and for the following protection and security purposes:
- to comply with the law;
- to protect against, and to prevent and investigate, fraudulent, unauthorised or unlawful activities;
- to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- in an emergency, this includes protecting our employees and agents, our customers and any affected persons.
We may share your personal data with the following parties:
- our contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to conduct our business and who are contractually bound to keep the personal data confidential and to use it only for the purposes for which we provide them with the data in question; and/or
- a purchaser or other successor in interest in a merger, divestiture, reorganisation, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Filamente e.U.’s assets or the negotiation of such a transaction, either as a going concern or in bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceedings, in which case the personal data held by Filamente e.U. will be one of the transferred assets.
We may share your personal data with your permission. For example, you may allow us to share the personal data with third parties for their own marketing purposes. This use is subject to the privacy policies of the third parties in question.
In addition, we may share aggregated and/or anonymised data with other parties so that they may use the data in question for their own purposes.
The control and/or processing of your personal data is based on:
- your authorisation;
- the establishment or performance of an agreement with you;
- compliance with a legal obligation;
- our legitimate interests; namely to provide our services to you, to resolve disputes or legal proceedings and/or for statistical purposes, to improve our services, to negotiate an acquisition, to evaluate your job application, for direct marketing and/or for public relations.
We may be required by law or contract to process your personal data. The processing of your personal data may also be necessary in order to sign a contract with you. In these cases, we can only continue our business relationship if you provide us with the required personal data.
How long we store your personal data
Where we process your personal data on the basis of preparing or fulfilling an agreement with you, we will retain your personal data for up to seven years after the end of our agreement or after the resolution of the dispute, whichever is later.
If we file your personal data pursuant to a legal obligation, we will retain your personal data for the period required by law. We will not process your personal data beyond the definitive limitation period of any legal claim we may have against you. We store court judgments between you and us for twenty years. Depending on the type of cookies, we store your personal data for a maximum of 2 years.
Decisions on notifications and changes
If we process personal data with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
You can send requests relating to personal data to our contact details below. If you wish, you can change the contact arrangements, prohibit us from sharing your data with others, and/or update your personal data.
We use third parties to perform certain tasks for us. This includes, for example, but is not limited to, hosting services, customer relationship management, analytics, creation of personalised advertising and implementation, billing, tax calculation, address validation, storage and conversion services in relation to the uploaded 3D drawings or other technical drawings or payment processing services. These selected parties may process your personal data to the extent necessary to carry out the activities in question on our behalf in accordance with our instructions. We have appropriate procedural instructions to ensure that these third parties observe and comply with data protection rules.
These third parties are located in the EU / EEA or the United States of America (“USA”). If we send your personal data to a country outside Europe that the European Commission does not consider to provide adequate data protection, the transfer will take place:
- subject to the recipient’s compliance with the standard contractual clauses, the EU-US Privacy Shield (or Swiss-US Privacy Shield, as applicable) or binding corporate rules, as applicable;
- in accordance with the consent of the individual to whom the personal data relates; and/or
- where otherwise permitted under applicable European regulations.
If you require further individual information about our specific practices for transferring your personal data to a country outside Europe that the European Commission does not consider to provide adequate data protection, please feel free to contact us.
We recognise our responsibility in relation to the protection of the data you entrust to us. We have taken appropriate measures to protect your personal data against accidental loss and against unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure.
These measures provide adequate security in view of the current state of the art as well as the implementation costs and relate to the risks associated with the processing and the type of data to be protected. In addition, these measures are intended to protect against the unnecessary collection as well as further processing of your personal data.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data on the Internet is not 100% secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data you transmit to our website. The transmission of personal data is always at your own risk. We are not responsible for any circumvention of privacy settings or protections on our website.
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification and erasure, limited processing and data transfer. You have the right to object to the use of your personal data. However, we may reject your request if we have compelling legitimate grounds for doing so that override your interests; or if the processing is for the purpose of claiming, exercising or defending legal rights. For security reasons, we reserve the right to verify your identity before allowing you to access personal data. We will respond to your request free of charge, but reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for complying with your requests if your request is excessive or your request is clearly unfounded.
Please send the request to assert your rights to email@example.com. Please formulate your e-mail as clearly and precisely as possible. In any case, please indicate which right you wish to assert and for what reason(s). We will respond to your request within one month of receipt, unless we need more time. Within one month of receiving your request, we will advise you that we need a maximum of a further two months. Within this time, we will notify you whether or not we grant your request. If we cannot grant your request, we will also give reasons.
We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Our website and services are not directed to children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16. If it becomes apparent that we have received personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16, we will delete that information immediately. Schools and parents should monitor their children’s online activities and, where possible, take appropriate steps to create a child-friendly online environment. For more detailed information, please visit the Marketing Association’s website at http://www.the-dma.org. If you would like to learn more about COPPA, please visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or our privacy practices, please contact us at:
Data Protection Officer, Filamente e.U., Alois-Platzer Siedlung 10, 4523 Sierning, Austria, +43 676 544 18 35, firstname.lastname@example.org